By submitting a session proposal, you agree to abide by all the deadlines and requirements set forth by Jenzabar.
- JAM is a learning environment for Jenzabar users, and thus session topics should relate to the use of Jenzabar products and/or services.
- Only current employees from institutions under active Jenzabar maintenance are eligible to be a client presenter at JAM.
- A session proposal submission does not guarantee participation in JAM.
- When submitting a session proposal, you will be asked to submit the names of any additional presenters. However, the submitter will serve as the primary contact and thus receive all correspondence regarding the session and be responsible for communicating all information to the other presenters. Jenzabar strongly encourages limiting the number of presenters to a maximum of four per session.
- All submissions are subject to an intense review cycle. A Track Coordinator or JAM Management will notify you by early March on the status of your session submission.
- Accepted submissions (seminar or lab sessions only) grant one complimentary JAM registration for a solo presenter, or two co-presenters may share one complimentary registration (each receiving a 50% discount on registration, limit 2). Any additional co-presenters would be responsible for the full fee. To be eligible for these special rates, all deadlines and presentation criteria set by Jenzabar must be met. Complimentary registrations are non-transferable and are limited to one per presenter. Round-table discussions are ineligible for a complimentary registration.
- If a presenter withdraws their presentation, does not meet deadlines, or fails to present the accepted session, the complimentary or discounted registration fee will be forfeited and he/she will be responsible for the full registration rate, due upon receipt of invoice.
- Jenzabar reserves the right to modify session titles and descriptions for promotional and program materials.
- Confirmed presenters agree to present the accepted session material in the time slot assigned by Jenzabar. Sessions may be assigned anytime during the conference, from Wednesday, May 29 @ 3:15pm through Saturday, June 1 @ 12:00pm.
- Any edits to session details or special presentation requests must be submitted in writing to JAM@jenzabar.com by March 15, 2019, to be taken into consideration.
- Presentations submitted to and presented at JAM contain confidential information to Jenzabar and the presenter’s institution and therefore should not be shared outside the institution or Jenzabar or at events outside of the presenter’s institution or those sanctioned by Jenzabar (JAM, RUG meetings). The presenter’s participation in JAM and complimentary registration is based on the presentation being created for the JAM audience.
- Presenters are required to submit an electronic copy of their presentation to Jenzabar so that it may be published on MyJenzabar, our secure client-only website. We encourage presenters to submit these materials before JAM begins. All presentations must be submitted to Jenzabar by the close of JAM on June 1 to ensure presenter consideration for future conferences.
- Any requests for presenter registration discounts or reimbursements must be received by the conclusion of JAM on June 1, 2019.
All presenters must register for JAM online, selecting either the solo presenter (complimentary registration) or co-presenter (discounted registration) option. When the preliminary program is available (mid-March), a Track Coordinator or JAM Management will notify those who submitted proposals on the status of the submission. If a proposal is not accepted, then the registration will be converted to the applicable rate at the time of registration. The attendee will then have 30 days to submit payment at that rate before the next rate takes effect, if applicable. For instance, if the registration is entered on February 12 but the proposal is not accepted, then that registration will be converted to Early Registration rate and the registrant will have 30 days to submit payment before the rate is increased to the regular registration rate.
There are two types of session rooms at JAM: hands-on labs and seminars. All session rooms will have wireless connectivity, as well as a projector, screen, and laptop for the presenter’s use. You can load your presentation onto the laptop via flash drive. The rooms that accommodate 100 or more people will be equipped with microphones. Hands-on labs will have a minimum of 15 computers that can be shared by two people each, so seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Conference Program will be posted on MyJenzabar in mid-March. It will be posted on MobileJAM when the event app becomes available in mid-May.
The recommended PowerPoint template for JAM 2019 will be available here in the Spring.
Please help us reduce the amount of paper used at JAM by not providing handouts and by encouraging attendees to review and download the presentations they are interested in when they are posted during or shortly after the conference.
Presentations Available Online
Presenters are required to submit presentations to Jenzabar so they may be published on MyJenzabar, Jenzabar’s secure client-only website. Send the file, saved as "# Title" (Example: "1404 JICS Update"), to JAM@jenzabar.com.
We strongly encourage you to submit presentations prior to JAM. Those presentations received by May 17 will be posted and available for viewing on MyJenzabar beginning May 29, and the presenters will be entered into a drawing for a prize.
All presentations must be submitted by June 7 to ensure presenter consideration for future conferences.
Submissions received after May 17 will be published on MyJenzabar after JAM. Only those presentations received by May 17 will be eligible for the prize drawing. By submitting your presentation to Jenzabar, you agree to have it published on MyJenzabar.